2 files changed, 3 insertions, 47 deletions
@@ -1,11 +1,9 @@
FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
0) There may be some outstanding bugfixes or tweaks which are not yet
- in the official kernel. To look through these, do:
- % make pending-patches KERNEL_DIR=<<where-you-built-your-kernel>>
- Please note that you have to recompile your kernel and your kernel modules
- after this step of kernel patching.
+ in the official kernel. Those are now (as of iptables-1.2.7) kept
+ in a seperate package, called patch-o-matic. It is available from
1) Next, make the package.
% make KERNEL_DIR=<<where-you-built-your-kernel>>
@@ -19,33 +17,6 @@ and associated development man pages, with:
-1) The netfilter core team is maintaining a set of extensions / new
- features which are not yet committed to the mainstream kernel tree.
-They are a collection of maybe-broken maybe-cool third-party extensions.
-Please note that you cannot apply any combination of any of those patches.
-Some of them are incompatible...
-This is why we provide two ways of applying them:
-If you want to try some extensions, and be sure that they don't break each
-other, you can do the following:
- % make most-of-pom KERNEL_DIR=<<where-you-built-your-kernel>>
-It will modify you kernel source (so back it up first!). You will have
-to recompile / rebuild your kernel and modules.
-Alternatively, if you really know what your are doing, you can use the
-following command in order to offer you the full list of choices. Be aware
-that we don't prevent you from shooting yourself in the foot.
- % make patch-o-matic KERNEL_DIR=<<where-you-built-your-kernel>>
PROBLEMS YOU MAY ENCOUNTER:
1) This package requires a 2.4.4 kernel, or above.
@@ -1,5 +1,3 @@
# uncomment this to get a fully statically linked version
# NO_SHARED_LIBS = 1
@@ -89,10 +87,6 @@ default: print-extensions all
@[ -n "$(OPTIONALS)" ] && echo Extensions found: $(OPTIONALS)
- @cd patch-o-matic && KERNEL_DIR=$(KERNEL_DIR) ./runme pending
$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -DIPT_LIB_DIR=\"$(IPT_LIBDIR)\" -c -o $@ $<
@@ -174,15 +168,6 @@ install-devel: all install-devel-man3 install-devel-headers install-devel-libs
@rm -f TAGS `find . -name '*~' -o -name '.*~'` `find . -name '*.rej'` `find . -name '*.d'` .makefirst
- @echo "Are your sure you didn't want to use make most-of-pom?"
- @cd $@ && KERNEL_DIR=$(KERNEL_DIR) ./runme extra
- @cd patch-o-matic && KERNEL_DIR=$(KERNEL_DIR) ./runme base
# Rusty's distro magic.
distrib: check distclean delrelease $(RELEASE_DIR)/iptables-$(IPTABLES_VERSION).tar.bz2 diff md5sums # nowhitespace