blob: 5b6e6f7f3fefc44fb98e7fec61b5ab9069bc5513 (plain
A quick list of rules for committing stuff into netfilter svn:
- Always include the Name of the Author/Contributor in the SVN comment
like 'fix for foo (Au Thor)'
- make sure that you have set the executable bits on an 'extensions/.*-test'
script before adding/committing it to SVN
- If the commit fixes a bugzilla bug, please include '(Closes: #bugnr)' in
the commit message
- Make sure you don't commit to svn while a feature freeze is announced
- For new extensions, there are two possible cases:
1) header files are just in patch-o-matic patch, you need an
'extensions/.*-test' script to have a conditional build
2) header files are in patch-o-matic patch, and copied to
'netfilter/include/linux/netfilter_xxx'. This way the extension
can be built _unconditionally_, and thus be included in
'extensions/Makefile'. Make sure to keep the headers in sync!
Usually '1)' is used, but in case something is expected to show up in the
kernel soon, we should already make userspace support unconditionally.