Diffstat (limited to 'COMMIT_NOTES')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 24 deletions
diff --git a/COMMIT_NOTES b/COMMIT_NOTES
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,24 +0,0 @@
-A quick list of rules for committing stuff into netfilter svn:
-- Always include the Name of the Author/Contributor in the SVN comment
- like 'fix for foo (Au Thor)'
-- make sure that you have set the executable bits on an 'extensions/.*-test'
- script before adding/committing it to SVN
-- If the commit fixes a bugzilla bug, please include '(Closes: #bugnr)' in
- the commit message
-- Make sure you don't commit to svn while a feature freeze is announced
-- For new extensions, there are two possible cases:
- 1) header files are just in patch-o-matic patch, you need an
- 'extensions/.*-test' script to have a conditional build
- 2) header files are in patch-o-matic patch, and copied to
- 'netfilter/include/linux/netfilter_xxx'. This way the extension
- can be built _unconditionally_, and thus be included in
- 'extensions/Makefile'. Make sure to keep the headers in sync!
- Usually '1)' is used, but in case something is expected to show up in the
- kernel soon, we should already make userspace support unconditionally.